Senior Full Stack Developer
Full time Position: Senior Full Stack Developer
Job Description / Background
Finatext is a growing Japanese born Fintech company, that focuses on producing quality mobile app solutions, alongside a selection of both educational and service orientated Finance tools.
Reporting to the London CEO, this role will lead the App Development for Finatext’s first mobile trading application created outside of Japan. This project will be one of significant visibility within the global company and will offer the chosen candidate the opportunity to work on a global project with a multitude of skilled teams and personnel.
The ideal candidate will have great problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable with fast paced design, development and deployment working in an agile environment. He/she has worked extensively on iOS, Android & web apps and built complex, responsive and sophisticated apps. We are looking for a smart, innovative technical lead to help us coordinate and drive a project of building a next-gen high-performance app.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the technical arm of the team in a fast iteration cycles, with tight deadlines using an agile/scrum methodology, while ensuring applications meet quality standards
- Coordinate configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle (concept, design, build, deploy, test and release to app store; as well as post launch operations such as support, troubleshoot, improvements etc.)
- Participate in technical, design, and architecture discussions with external partners from the finance sector
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine business requirements, as well as design, develop, and test application code to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Drive a best practices approach to the continuous improvement of products, processes, and tools. Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs for all production issues.
- Liaise with product development team to plan new features
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocol
Qualifications / Experience:
- Highly proficient in React, Swift or Objective C, Java for mobile development; Rails, nodejs and Angular for web development
- 5 to 7 years of extensive native mobile app (iOS & Android) and web app development experience
- Demonstrable portfolio of released web apps, mobile applications on the App store or the Android market
- Experience with multi-threaded client software, client-server architecture and scaling systems
- Experienced in implementation of Methodologies and the Software Development Life-cycle (Agile)
- Fully equipped with development Tools (Xcode, Android Studio, Eclipse) and source control tools (Git, Stash)
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Knowledge and experience with Financial Information eXchange (FIX) protocol
- Previous experience working in Fintech or Finance
- Speak Japanese (nice to have)