Machine Learning Engineer Intern
Internship Position: Machine Learning Engineer
Job Description / Background
Finatext is a growing Japanese born Fintech company, that focuses on producing quality mobile app solutions, alongside a selection of both educational and service orientated Finance tools.
Reporting to the London CEO, this role will own the responsibility of building a social media text analysis machine learning system that is to be implemented into a financial mobile trading application that planned to be released in April 2018. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work on a global project with a multitude of skilled teams and personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify social network channels and/or accounts as reliable data sources for crawling opinionated information on financial assets.
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques to create a scalable model that is able to detect social sentiment from information on financial assets.
- Responsible for improvement of the built machine learning systems and algorithms.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Adept C++/ Python programming capabilities
- Knowledgeable in statistical machine learning and algorithm
- Hands-on experience in building, deploying and maintaining machine-learning systems
- Previous experience working in Fintech or Finance
- Has experience in using big data & machine learning toolsets, like TensorFlow
- Speak Japanese (nice to have)